We’re about halfway through! I will be taking tomorrow off (Why do you blog about books?).
Today is Day 8, Write 15 bullet points of things that appeal to you on a blog.
1. Interaction/ways to get to know others/comments-back
2. Reviews of the same types of books I read
3. Engaging prompts/topics for non-review posts
4. Good writing
6. Aesthetically pleasing (sorry, I do judge books–and blogs–by their covers)
7. Other ways to connect (links to Goodreads, Twitter)
8. Author interviews
9. Posts that aren’t just about books but show the blogger’s personality or life outside blogging
10. Regular posts
Notice, I did not say giveaways, follow requests/widgets, and the like. I don’t like gimmicks on a blog if it is to boost numbers although I understand that’s how a book blogger can gain clout with publishers. I’m also not a vlog person. I have people whose blogs and Twitter accounts, etc. I LOVE but I do not watch videos for some reason.
I realize I’m mildly hypocritical with a lot of these features that I like, but these are the things I value in other blogs that I visit. 🙂
What are your favorite blog features?