I’m still listening to my last tunes on heavy repeat, and in honor of yesterday evening’s “songsiwillnevergettiredof” trending, I’ll just share five songs that are always money to me.
- Open Your Heart by Madonna – I love a lot of Madonna songs, but this is one that gets a lot of play on my iPod. Crazy for Youis a close second.
- I Want You by Cee Lo Green – After seeing him on Saturday Night Live, I downloaded a couple songs, became a quick fan, and received his CD from my mother in law. Love the retro feel of this song in particular. I also love Bright Lights, Big Cityand the Billy Jean beat in the background.
- On to the Next One by Jay-Z– I LOVE hip hop even though you haven’t seen a lot from me on Tuesday Tunes (yet).
- The Only Exception by Paramore– So sweet and this song just makes me feel like I’m in one of my beloved YA romances.
- Supermassive Blackhole by Muse – I love a lot of Muse music but this one has the most plays for me. My appreciation was dampened slightly by its appearance in Twilight, but I can’t stop listening to it!
- The Bitch is Back by Elton John– My mom and I saw Elton in concert and just danced and sang along all night long. I remember asking for the Yellow Brick Road album for Christmas in junior high and my aunt acted as if I’d asked for a third eye or something. Anyway, most Elton music is lovely and this song in particular just makes me feel like a badass.
- Under Pressure by David Bowie– I love this song, but get chills every time around the 2:30/3:00 mark. Golden. I’ve always loved classic rock (thanks, dad) and this song is one of my all time favorites.
- Across the Universe, Til There Was You, Two of Us (and a hole lotta others) by The Beatles – I saw Paul McCartney in concert in 2003 and cried half the concert with tears of joy. I just love The Beatles. I’m working on getting their whole catalog, made easier by the fact that iTunes actually carries it all. I have The Beatles Anthology on VHS because I love them so. ❤